Ten Signs You Are a Mum On Your Birthday!
1. “It’s My Birthday!” Telling a little person at 3am that it is your birthday! They have woken you up for a cuddle so it is only fair they wish you a happy birthday too!
2. “Let Me Have A Lie In…………Please!!!!!” The best birthday present you could be given is a lie in but your kids insist on waking you up early because they are so excited to wish you a happy birthday and you have to act excited too!
3. “Yum, Breakfast In Bed” Your kids bring you breakfast in bed consisting of cake and sweets and you have to eat them immediately to avoid disappointed looks! Calorie counting will have to wait until tomorrow!
4. “Aw, Look What You Made Me!” You can never have too many home made birthday cards from your kids and you will keep all of them in a keep sake box in the wardrobe or under the bed!
5. ” It’s My Birthday Which Means You Have To Be Good ALL Day!” You tell your kids that the best present they can give you is a day of no fighting and they go along with this for all of one hour!
6. “Thanks Sweetheart, I Absolutely Love It!” You love that you have been given a collection of old sticks and stones as a present just because your little one was thinking of you!
7. “Me Time” You dream of a day relaxing in a spa on your own but if it actually becomes a reality you spend most of the day thinking about your kids and missing them!
8. “Let’s Go Climb Some Trees” It is likely that the above dream won’t actually happen and you will instead choose a birthday activity that is more fun for the kids than it is for you. If they are happy, you are happy!
9. “Spoil Mummy Time” You will be spoilt for the first hour or two and then as the novelty wears off, normal play will resume……cue bickering, fighting and tantrums!
10. “I Have The Best Present Right Here!” None of the above matters as just as long as you have spent it with your little angels (ha-ha!) you will be happy. As mad as they might make you at times, they are the best birthday present anyone could wish for!