Top Tips To Clean Your House In A Hurry!
We’ve all been there. You have an outdoor play date arranged and thanks to the good old British weather it quickly becomes an indoor play date and somehow it has been agreed that your house is the best option! You have piles of washing waiting to be put away, bathrooms that need cleaning and floors that need sweeping. You could suddenly come down with a mystery illness and tell your friends they had best steer clear, or you could follow my top eight cleaning cheats I am sharing with you here! But shh, don’t tell your friends. We wouldn’t want them to think you were anything less than a domestic goddess now would we?! 😉
1. Baby wipes! All good mums know the power of the baby wipe! Not only are they great for wiping bums and cleaning off your make up, they are also a fantastic cleaning aid. A quick whizz round the essential rooms with a baby wipe and you will remove all trace of dust in an instant. Window sills, tables, leather sofas…………..you name it, a baby wipe can do it!
2. Put toilet cleaner round the toilet bowls. Don’t worry that your toddler has decided now is the perfect time to stand up like his big brothers and ‘aim’ in the toilet, hence covering everything but the toilet in wee! A quick squirt of some toilet cleaner and your guests will be treated to the smell of mountain rain or ocean breeze as they enter the bathroom!
3. Sweep floors only where guests can see them. Forget moving mats and delving underneath sofas, time is of the essence here. If your guests can’t see it, it can wait until later!
4. Spray polish in the air round the rooms. A bit devious I know, but your guests will think you have just polished your entire house. How do you find the time?!?!
5. Dump all your clean clothes piles in one of the bedrooms. Choose one that you wouldn’t expect your guests to go in, usually your own! You may be outed when the kids play hide and seek but it is worth the risk. Just remember you are likely to be up late sorting the piles as your husband moans that he wants to get into bed!
6. Put a load of washing on. The sound of the washing machine going shows that you have been busy cleaning and with a bit of luck the smell of washing powder will fill the house!
7. Leave the kitchen until last. If you get a chance to hide everything in the dishwasher then great. If not, do it whilst making your guests a cup of tea. Mumble something about not having a chance to clear up lunch yet whilst hiding the breakfast dishes in amongst it all!
8. Hide, Hide, Hide! For those last minute bits that you run out of time to tidy, throw them in a black bin bag and hide it in your car. If you happen to forget about it and leave it longer than a week, you could probably live without those bits anyway and chuck them in the bin!
Remember ladies, we are domestic goddesses in disguise!