Ten mischievous things my toddler has done to make my life even harder!
I love my little one year old to bits but my word he is a mischievous little monkey! He is cute, smiley and cuddly but don’t let looks deceive you……..hang around long enough and you too will be witness to his antics! My list below highlights the most memorable of his misdemeanours – and most of these took place over the past six weeks!
1. Putting his brothers school shoes through the cat flap. It wouldn’t have been so bad if he hadn’t picked monsoon night. Sorry son, white trainers for school it is!
2. Turning the washing machine dial mid cycle. At first a little annoying, then just plain irritating, then oh shit, he has actually broken my £450 washing machine! And if you think I wasn’t impressed you should have seen my husbands face!
3. Hid the bath plug! I have spent every evening this week searching bins, cupboards and toy boxes! Tomorrow I will be off to the diy shop to buy a new one and no doubt he will miraculously bring me the old one moments after I have bought it!
4. Taking all his clothes off just as we are leaving for school…………..or a doctors appointment…………….or karate. Why oh why do boys have such an urge to get naked at every possible moment?!?
5. Throwing his toys…………his milk…………….his breakfast………………MY PHONE!!!!! If he can get it in his sticky little mit he will throw it. Great for his future baseball career, not so great for my bank account as I am repairing yet another cracked phone screen!
6. Put my essential touché éclat, mascara and lip gloss down a tiny hole in my floor boards. Big enough for the make up, NOT big enough for my hand to retrieve! Does he not know mummy NEEDS these things to look semi human after a sleepless night?!
7. Taken his nappy off of his cute little bottom and put it on his head instead. Does he care if he just had a grown man sized wee in it – of course he doesn’t! He just feels amazing running round the house wishing his fellow toddler friends were there to see just how cool he looks.
8. Putting daddy’s toothbrush down the toilet. Why he had to choose daddy’s super duper electric one over my cheap ‘£1 for a pack of four’ brush, I do not know. Maybe if I scrub it with a bit of bleach he won’t notice?!?
9. Jamming the new wii remote controller down the back of the radiator. How on earth did such little hands get it so far down? The only way that is coming out is if we remove the whole radiator. I’m thinking a trip out to buy a second hand remote may be more cost effective!
10. Hiding my car and house keys in a pair of old wellies! I lose these enough myself without the added help of little fingers playing hide and seek with them and forgetting the ‘seek’ part.
Not a bad effort for six weeks is it?! If there was a toddler competition next week for ‘most mischievous’ he would surely be a contender for first place!
Although I think this list of ten may well have been trumped by the time my now 4 year old tried to accessorise with his toilet seat!